Sunday, November 2, 2008

HELP NEEDED

This is Wyatt..This is Bear... (we're creative with our animal names, huh?)This is where you usually find Bear...




This makes Bear SMELL VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD (you get the idea)!
I have tried everything I know to get rid of the smell... oxyclean, vinegar, soaking... everything I can think of and still the bear stinks.
HELP HELP HELP!!! He won't stop chewing on it so I just need an idea to combat the smell. I have to sneak it away in order to wash it.. and have it dried by the time he wakes up!! It's like a musty wet rag smell... you know like when you leave your dish rag in the sink too long...or have wet clothes in the hamper... or found a lost wet towel under a pile of stuff... NOT that I've done that or anything
HELP I'm open to ideas!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I googled "how to get rid of smells in stuffed animals" and one suggestion repeated several times, was to put the animal and a dryer sheet in a pillowcase (tied up) and put in the dryer on low for about 10 minutes. They also said it might take several times to notice any improvement. How is the snow up there? We had 80 degrees today. Love, Aunt Connie

Pegsy said...

I'm really not sure what I would do, other than what you've already tried! The only other thing I would suggest is to put it out in the sunshine. That always worked to sterilize my cloth diapers...

geisme said...

My girls do the same thing with their lovies. They have Pooh & Tigger, but I just tell them every so often that P & T need a bath, just like them, so that they can get washed without freaking out. I let them help me, by throwing in the washer, putting in the dryer & taking out. Just tell Wyatt, that Bear needs to start taking a bath once a week. What about baking soda in the wash when you do?