Tuesday, November 11, 2008

'Tis the Season - Gift Ideas #1

I know I know... It's tooo early to talk about Christmas!!
But with things the way they are in the economy right now... better to get started early!
For obvious reasons I can't talk about what I'm working on for THIS Christmas... BUT I can show some of the things I've made for past Christmas'.. IF I have a photo (that part is Proving to be a challenge)

Idea #1 - Fleece Hats... Here is link for the site I found when I made these...

Easy to sew.. and you can really get creative with the ideas... Here is the basic starting point...
Then I added 2 pom poms on top... Then I took the pom poms off and made a "regular" style hat...



This is my personal favorite.. (you can't see the top very well..) instead of bringing it to a point - you just tie off in small spots all the way across the top..


Do you have any money saving ideas?

7 comments:

Shasta said...

I just love those hats! All of the styles are great and how awesome that you made them yourself. I'm not crafty but I'm going to check out the link anyway. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say it is not too early to talk about Christmas. I know you weren't in service on Sun. to hear Mark talk about how we already had both of our Christmas trees up. I LOVE Christmas! Cute hats, by the way!
Deborah

Chelsea said...

Karen! Thank you for you sweet comment on my design site! I must have a wide screen, so when designing backgrounds, I can see a lot more of it. So I will make one of these with a smaller 'Count your many blessings' tag and replace it on my site. So grab that one later today and you should see all of it!
Thank you!

Chelsea
aquapoppydesigns2 dot blogspot dot com

Jennifer said...

I am glad you are feeling better:) If you want I can take it down?

I love the hats!! Cute

4funboys said...

love the hats... if only the boys would have kept them on when they were that little. Mine never kept any hats on... but then again, we never had cute ones like that.

Pegsy said...

My favourite gift to make is what I call a "corn bag." It's a warming bag you can heat in the microwave that's filled with feed corn. I make the inside bag, halfway filled with corn, out of unbleached muslin. Then, I make a flannel "pillowcase" that you can remove and wash if needed. I can give you more detailed instructions if you want. Actually, I should just do a blog post about it...!

Kerry Shealy said...

I already started Christmas shopping!!! I'm ready to start decorating, too...my sweet husband is NOT!
I found costumes for under $5 at Walmart after Halloween, so those will be presents for my 5 year old. I found a few things in the dollar isle at Target that my daughter will absolutely love! I bought boxes of tea at the grocery story last night Buy one Get one Free for all of the kids Sunday School teachers!
Hey, since I'm their teacher at home does that mean I get to buy myself an extra present, too???