Saturday, March 29, 2008

What a day!

I woke early just as the sun was rising! It was a bitter cold outside as I quickly dressed and slipped out the door silently hoping not to disturb the sleep angels inside!

What you may ask would cause such a seen so early in the morning... MY STUPIDITY!!!!

I left the house at 7am this morning to travel an hour away for "the most amazing church yard sale around". (For those of you who know me.. know that I DON'T wake up that early for anything... so it must be big RIGHT?) To say that I was skeptical about going in the first place would be an understatement! (Hey I like my sleep) But a friend of mine pulled the "I'll go if you'll go... and I'll drive!" line on me... so my curiosity got the best of me... and I went! Talk about CRAZY with a capital C!!!
We arrived at 8 am ... opening to the sight of 200 people waiting in line to get in.... I KID YOU NOT!!!
It was like a messed up day after thanksgiving sale line!
After waiting 40 minutes to get in... I entered the SALE which was the talk of the town!!
I must say it was impressive... two floors full of children's toys and clothes items..it was also quickly diminishing... It depended on what you were going for... Maternity clothes and girls clothes... there were LOTS. BOYS clothes not so much! I left with 2 pairs of shorts and a computer game that DOESN'T even WORK!!!! I won't go back again!


The rest of the day was just as crazy! I worked on pricing my yard sale items then took the boys outside for a couple hours... It actually reached mid-40s today!!!


After dinner I stuck Wyatt in the tub and SURPRISE!! He left a few "deposits" behind (I must also comment that neither of my other boys have done this in the tub... buy WYATT has 3 times in the past 2 weeks!) So I "caged" him in his room with Hayden while I bleached the tub. Hayden called, " Mom... look". SO I Looked... I WISH I HADN'T! This is what I saw... EVERY video in the cabinet no longer IN the cabinet
(I thought it was locked... I guess not!)
I've nicknamed Wyatt and Hayden... Wyatt is dozer... He bulldozes his way into everything... Hayden is loader... or more appropriately.. UNloader! (He empties everything.. bookshelves and cabinets... then says "Wyatt do it" or "Carter do it"!)

So I've managed to get the boys in bed (with Bryan's help... thanks babe) and now I need to shower and get to bed myself! WOW!! what a day!

4 comments:

mylifewith5kids said...

I wondered why you didn't call to talk today!!
Enjoyed your post!!!

J.E. said...

I want to add my signature like you.. How do I do it???

Amanda said...

I hate when I am all geared up for something like that and it is a disappointment. :( I also do not like when my kids create so much extra work for me. :( But I do like the music!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I'm REALLY glad that I didn't end up going to the sale! Can you believe I commented? :)
Deborah