Sunday, April 13, 2008

Play-dough

So the boys played with Play-dough this afternoon. When I was "setting-up" the play-dough space, the thought came to me... Why don't they make BOY play dough sets? My guys have a Little Pet shop grooming set that was given to them. (It seems very girly with a hairdryer and stuff.) But we have added Tonka truck stuff (from the top of candy items they've gotten) and Hot Wheels to the play dough toy collection. They spend the time loading the truck and making roads.


After 10 whole minutes of them playing... they were tired of it and moved on leaving the mess for me to clean up. THEN I realized WHY they don't have sets for boys! THAT'S all the time they play with one thing! Why bother! I also realized why I hate getting play dough out! Ground in pieces in my tile floor! They did have fun and that's what matters!

3 comments:

Keilah said...

Maybe try some edible play dough? Here's two awesome recipes I found for it...

SMOOTH PEANUT BUTTER PLAY DOUGH
Ingredients:
2 cups smooth peanut butter
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups dried milk
2/3 cups honey

Directions: Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Storage: When not using, MUST be stored in an airtight container.

(or this one if they don't like oatmeal)

PEANUT BUTTER PLAY DOUGH
Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
2 cups powdered sugar

Directions: Mix all ingredients in a bowl, using your hands. Dough should feel soft and pliable. Form shapes and be creative!! Storage: When not using, MUST be stored in an airtight container.

Wish I was there to play too! (But I'd stay to help clean up!) love and miss you!

McMommy said...

Boys play-doh sets--I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!! We usually end up with the basket of Matty's trucks and cars at the table with us....and then he runs the tires through the play-doh to see who makes the best tracks.

I like the edible recipes...I'm going to have to give that a try! (but what's dried milk? like the milk stains in Carter's carseat?)

Anonymous said...

My boys like to play with little pastic dinosaurs in playdough too.
Deborah