Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The BIG reveal...

Where have I been,

what's going on in the life of Karen that would snatch me away from bloggerworld?

Maybe it's this...













Or this...












OK maybe it's some of that last one...but really...It has to be big/huge infact!

I hinted at it in my last post and here it is our kitchen remodel... well our staff housing remodel.

(Some of these pictures are WAY old... How often do you just take pictures of your house? I had painted my old cabinets brown to cover all the junk the boys got on them... we don't have that chair, or curtains, or trashcan... so everything was different even than these pictures. Just get a feel for what it looked like before we tore it up ;)

BEFORE














DURING...

They aren't kidding that remodeling stresses your marriage!!! I can't imagine doing an entire house while living in it with three boys!


I should have taken a picture of our microwave in the bathroom... that's were it was for 2 weeks... makes you REALLY want to eat right?


We did have moments of time out.... that and 400 Little league games/practices...(OK not 400, but it felt like it. It was good to have those "forced" time outs just to chill has a family... or scream our heads off for our boy!)
Enough of the teasing... here are the pictures of the finished kitchen. (almost finished... still need to hang some pictures and other little stuff)



AFTER
A BIG-HUGE-YOU-GUYS-ARE-AWESOME-WE-COULDN'T-HAVE-DONE-IT-WITHOUT-YOU-THANK YOU-THANK YOU-THANK YOU to my parents, my brother-in-law (and family), and my sister who helped paint and wrangle (not strangle)the boys. They were all here during the first week of renovation to help with the "guts" of the project. Then Bryan (and myself) finished up all the other junky stuff... just don't look on our back porch right now...
That's the next project.. once it stops raining..

8 comments:

Mindy said...

That looks amazing! You have like twice the kitchen space now! Before, you were confined to behind the wall thingy.

Keilah said...

Wow, it looks great all finished! I guess you decided on green for the wall behind the tv. It looks so different there now! Great job finishing up. If I was there, I'd definitely babysit for the night so you and Bryan could go have some "YOU" time. Love you!

3boys247 said...

Wow Karen, looks great. No wonder you haven't been online. Now I have to imagine all the things I could get done around here if I wasn't so addicted to blogging.

Jen said...

I love it! I've had to try and reminisce a little bit about what those things looked like the last time I was in one of them. I just remember them being so dark inside. The green and white definitely brighten them up! Good work!

Pegsy said...

It looks so great, you guys! Are they going to do all the chalets like that? I can't wait to see it! Happy picture hanging - that's the easiest part, as I'm sure you know by now! :-)

Emily Jennings said...

Looks GREAT!

Anonymous said...

It looks great:)
Jennifer

McMommy said...

You must get a smile on your face every time you go into the kitchen!

It looks great! Enjoy!