Monday, September 29, 2008

Soccer and Parades.... a great day!

Our church is hosting a soccer program this fall... Upward soccer has been a big hit!
This is the first time Carter has been able to play on an organized soccer team...
He LOVES it! This past Saturday was our local Apple Festival's parade. We (the boys and I) were able to be part of the parade. Carter road on one of the two Upward floats from our church.


Wyatt and I "walked" with our church in it... I walked He SLEPT the entire parade!
Our Church was numbers 97, 98, and 99 in the parade... just in front of these tractors.
I was so glad Wyatt got to see them since we weren't able to watch the parade.
(All these pictures - except the one of Wyatt sleeping which was DURING the parade - were taken in the 2 HOURS we waited for the parade to start!)
After the parade the boys and I made a stop at our local Dairy Queen!
YUM!!
Good thing too... they closed for the season yesterday!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of the soccer in black and white mixed with color!

Anonymous said...

oops, forgot to sign my name in the earlier comment :)
Deborah

3boys247 said...

I love the pictures. How did you do that?

Your Dairy Queen closes for the season? What if you want ice cream in the winter? Ice cream is a year round food for me.

Wendi said...

That does look like a great day!!!
I am loving your photos!

Pardon me?
DQ closes for the season?
What does that mean?
Is it diet season again?
Ugh!

Pegsy said...

How fun! Sara got to be in a parade when she was about 5 or 6 months old. Joshua was a volunteer fire fighter in Ohio and we got to ride in the fire truck that was in the Corn Festival Parade! The horn was a little much for her!

I forgot how DQ closes for the season around there. That's funny because we have DQ here and they stay open all year long - even though we get colder! Weird!