Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action

So last night was our ministry Christmas party. They did something different this year. Instead of having us find babysitters for our kids... they provided babysitting for us!!! It was great.

They also had the kids do a Christmas performance for us. It was Hayden's first Christmas program! The boys did a great job... especially since we only made it to half of the practices!! Hayden tried his hardest to keep up with all the motions.
They both stood in their place even if there was a lot of yawning and touching toes going on! We were so proud of them both!

The funniest thing happened at the beginning.... The "host" for the evening unexpectedly had all the children on stage tell their name and age! Carter and Hayden were at the very end of the introductions. When the microphone was passed to Hayden he practically THREW it at Carter! This unnerved Carter who was then too embarrassed to say anything... He did manage to say that it was Hayden, but then couldn't tell his own name! He later told Bryan, " I was so nervous... I didn't realize there would be so many people."
Hayden did tell me last night he just wants to watch Carter sing next time ;)

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing, your boys are to cute:)
I am glad you made it home safe and sound!

Pegsy said...

It's so good to have you back! I've missed you!

I love kids' Christmas programs! You never know what to expect, but it's always funny or cute! I remember the time Sara had an accident right before she had to go on stage. She had on a skirt and tights. I stripped off the tights and underwear and put her shoes back on! No one knew the difference except for me! At the time I was so embarrassed, but it's funny now!

Pegsy said...

So, I thought you should know that I posted a picture of you on my blog - from 9 years ago!

geisme said...

hey Karen, word on the block says I need to talk to you about the little pumpkin picture to add to my blog for recipeasy. I too was getting a bit worried about you. Glad to see you back. Also I tried the mysignature.com thing? any hints on getting that to work for me?
You are the best(right behind Jesus, of course!)
-Gail

SUNSHINE MOM said...

love your site...I periodically visit and I am not sure if I've ever said that I love looking into your life of boys as I live my life with boys.

Anonymous said...

Aww, those Christmas programs almost make up for the stretch marks! ;)

3boys247 said...

So cute. I love the church Christmas program.

Welcome Back, You have been missed!

Sarah M. said...

Hey Karen!
Your boys are so cute and growing up so fast!
I'm glad I "found" you!
Sarah (Moore) McCallum
(97 staff training)

Pegsy said...

Hey girl! Hope you're having a wonderful time with family! Can't wait to see you in just 1 month! I wanted to tell you to check out my latest post. You'll love it!

geisme said...

Hey Karen, hope all is well in your world & the state of MI. Haven't heard from you much lately, so just wanted to let you know you are missed.
-Gail