Sunday, March 11, 2007

Child's heart

Today when I went to pick up Carter from his class at church the teacher told me to ask him what happened.(of course my first thought was oh no) So I asked and he said he prayed and thanked Jesus for dying for him and asked him to take away his sins! As a mom, I'm excited but reserved. He is four year old... how much does he know! On the other hand I was four when I prayed to receive Christ as my Saviour. I don't remember the words but I do remember where I was (the back seat of my parents car ... I can even tell you where on the road from church to home we were - visual learner) and I can tell you the feeling that if I died right then I would Forever be away from God. I remember that I didn't want that so I prayed for God to save me. Have I struggled since then with doubts - Yeah, but God has always given me a verse or a calm reassurance that I am HIS. So where does that leave me with Carter... I am excited even if he has doubts later at least I know that his heart is tender toward God. I have asked him later in the day if anything special happened at church today and he always says that he prayed to thank Jesus for dying for him and to come into his heart! I look forward to seeing what the days ahead hold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! God is so good. This Grandma is thanking God and rejoicing not only for saving my grandson, but for answered prayer. III John 4 - "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
Carter, I love you!
Love,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I know what you are saying about having to be careful and watchful to see if it is truly heartfelt, but still, it at least shows that he is interested and curious. You know, I was four when I was saved. You never know what will happen! Anyway, I am still really happy for him, and I am very proud of him.

J.E. said...

Hot Dog!!!! I dont even know you guys but I am excited for the whole family....What a testimony to you guys parenting and leadership in his life....Raise that little disciple well!

Emily Jennings said...

That's really wonderful!

Em