Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tubby "Smif"

NEWS FLASH! TUBBY SMITH IS LEAVING THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY! It's been quite a day here in a Kentucky fan household! Carter is actually taking it pretty hard. Tonight at bedtime I asked him if Daddy had told him what happened at Kentucky today! So I told him that Tubby Smith was leaving Kentucky and going to Minnesota! His face fell and he looked like he was going to cry. He quickly turned over and faced the couch (that's where he's sleeping while we are here in Tennessee). After a minute or so of silence he sat up and said, "It's a good thing I had Tubby Smif (Smith) sign my hat after that game. Now I can wear it and remember him." I e-mailed Tubby's "Ask Tubby" site. I hope he reads that message. I'm sure with all the criticism and mean comments he's gotten recently it would be nice to know he will be missed. Carter says he'll still cheer for Kentucky.

1 comments:

Mindy said...

I know, what a shock but not, right? The news was such a shock here in TN, as well. I hope your trip has gone well!