Saturday, September 1, 2007

Where Have I been?

Ok the better question is where am I now? The answer to that is Kentucky. An even better question is where have I been? It all started last Thursday... over a week ago... I'll keep it short for you ADD people! Our power went out after a HUGE storm that knocked down several trees and took out two power lines on our camp. (there were no injuries, but the Lodge did have damage to the back dining area roof, outside awning, and front fence.) It was a very hot two nights before PTL the power was restored on Saturday evening to our half of the camp... sorry you guys up at the trailers! We did not however get phone service back then. We left Michigan on Wednesday (Bryan's sister Mary had a her baby shower on Friday - last night). When we left there was still no phone... but once again PTL I found out today there is phone service now! I also realize I LOVE TECHNOLOGY!!! I am so thankful to be born in the modern era with modern conveniences... I know I'm spoiled and selfish compared to the majority of the rest of the world... at least I'm being honest. Sorry I digress...
Anyhow, we are in Lexington, Kentucky until Monday when we return home to power, phone, and clean carpets (thanks Judith or Jeff) of course all this could change if another storm goes through before we get there... but I'm thankful none the less.
On to other news... my wonderful, funny, smart, friendly, kind, wise, pretty, thoughtful, loving, caring, SINGLE sister has started a blog - did I mention she's single? Check it out and leave a comment.. she just started teaching and has already had some funny things happen! Did I mention she's single? ;)
I'll post more later and pictures too! I gotta go bath time/ bedtime for three grumpy boys.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I don't know what to say . . .