Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving? and Merry Christmas!

It's been a crazy month! I guess next month is going to be crazy too! After one very LONG week with Bryan gone (he was in Tennessee with Andrew working on a window job), we (the 3 boys and I ) drove down to Lexington, Kentucky for Thanksgiving with his family! It really wasn't bad at all. They boys travel great! The only hassle was "potty" stops when I had to unload EVERYONE instead of trading off like Bryan and I usually do! If there is ONE big thing I learned while Bryan was gone... it's that he really helps around here more than I give him credit for! I REALLY missed him that week. I was glad he wasn't around to experience all the strep throat and fussiness though! (By the way I've heard a lot of people lately saying they-or their kids- have strep throat. Is it going around where you live too?) OK that is SOOO off the subject! I think I'll just leave that entire experience with the word, "eventful". Its always interesting when so many different personalities and different temperaments are together! That's what makes life so interesting! We got too see sweet little Sophie (Matt and Mary's new little girl) Unfortunately I didn't remember to use my camera when the boys were holding her! (Hint - Mary send some pics if you got them!) The boys had a great time playing with their cousins! Carter got to go to a Kentucky basketball game with Bryan - of course that made his day! Andrew and Bryan went to a Kentucky football game and then a basketball game in the same day! It was a bittersweet day for them since KY lost the football game, but won the basketball game! While the boys were having fun, Rachael and I had "fun" taking the kids to Chuckie Cheese! It was CRAZY, but in a way fun too! The boys had a great time and Carter was a killer on the snowmobile game! We came home on Sunday and it's been busy ever since! We are however decorated for Christmas finally! Merry Christmas! Bryan and I are going to try to get out by ourselves on Saturday morning (We have to be back by

2pm to see Kentucky play North Carolina). I'm really looking forward to it!

One other note... We have a walker! Wyatt officially walks not crawls! He HAS to keep up with the boys or he gets mad! He also is finished nursing YEAH FOR US BOTH! I'm so glad to be done with that! Now he just eats all the food he can find. Wyatt is the first one to actually LOVE meat at such a young age. We had steak two nights ago and he devoured the tiny pieces I gave him. That's true of just about ALL food he comes in contact with! Bryan's grandma got him to eat butternut squash and he LOVES it. In fact while we were at her house over Thanksgiving Wyatt ate 3/4 ths of one squash by himself! He can also EAT as much as Hayden sometimes more than Hayden too! I'm worried that if he eats this much now what will it be like when he's a teenager! YIKES!

1 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

I'm SO glad to see you back. Proud of you too for the single mom experience.