Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Pledge by Hayden

Judith already posted about this... but here are my pictures from our really sadly small Memorial Day parade.





Next year we stay in Buchanan and skip the "big town" of Niles!




If we got bored with the parade there was always this.... across the road from us! They actually gave him bottled water to drink!!













Hayden LOVES the little flag they handed out at the parade... He's carried it around a lot today. So I thought I'd teach him the pledge.... enjoy his version!
To everyone having served or currently serving ... we are thankful for your sacrifice!

8 comments:

Keilah said...

Good job Hayden! That was GREAT! Love you all!

Mindy said...

That was precious! I love the way some words and phrases come out on a toddler's mouth.

McMommy said...

Thanks for making me smile!! (Seeing and hearing your adorable sons always seems to do that to me!)

Zakkie said...

hello! my name is zack jernigan. my parents are john and michell jernigan? we've been to family camp 12 years this june. anyway, you guys' prayer card is on our fridge, and i noticed you had a blogspot account. ssoo.....i thought i'd just pop in and say hello....so...hello! my blog is http://zakkieblog.blogspot.com/ just incas you wanted to reply...i apologize for my spelling and lack of decent grammer....hehehe....i type too fast to work on those things...

GE is me said...

Karen, great job w/Hayden. I couldn't even imagine my girls saying it. But they are too cute at dinner time when they pray. It started out they just said "Pray Jesus name, amen!" We are now up to thanking him for our food & asking him to bless it to our bodies. Out side of the temper tantrums I absolutely love this age.
-Gail

Zakkie said...

cool...i should tell my parents i've gotten to your blog...which, by the way, is really cool....hehe....no! don't say that! if you tell yourself getting old, then you WILL get old! hehehe...

3boys247 said...

That was great! Good job Hayden.

BeautifullyBroken said...

Hi! It's Brianna Fairfield, I come to camp, and I'm working staff this year. I know the Jernigans...I'm pretty sure you know me. =]
Hayden is adorable! I can't wait to see the kids and everyone else up there.
The url for my blog is http://beautifullybroken11.blogspot.com/ .
Hope to here from you!