Saturday, March 14, 2009

This N That - A little bit of life

So I've been avoiding posting for over a week now.. mainly because I would have to admit... "Hi, my name is Karen and I'm 30...."


There I've done it.. I am offically 30. I'd like to say it was an exciting, amazing, kick-off to my thirties.. but NOT really. My Birthday (March 9th) was actually pretty normal. The trip Bryan and I took to Canada in February was our 30th birthday(s) kick-off.



So the "excitment" for the day was that I made from scratch my favorite cake my grandma used to make. The boys helped me put the candles on top...




and we just hung out for the night...


which is just fine with me!!



______________________________________________________________
Hayden finally got the "SUPERMAN" backpack he REALLY wanted for his birthday... if you remember my post about that... oh wait it was the last thing I posted about...



He loves it!!
_________________________________________________________________


Right now we are trying to sell our van and find another vehicle with lower miles (since our families are so far away). So if you are interested...
___________________________________________________________________


But right now the most exciting news is that it DOESN'T look like this right now....


it looks like this.....





at least for today anyway!

__________________________________________________________________
Until last year I didn't realize the importance of St. Patrick's Day... now thanks to Veggie Tales I have a new appreciation for St. Patrick and the sacrifice he made!
(By the way, I did some looking on the web and found that their versions - while humorous- is very accurate!)
You can watch it too just click here
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!


Photobucket

3 comments:

4funboys said...

hAPPY 21ST B-DAY... AGAIN.

HA...

love the lake picture!

GE is me said...

I made the girls watch Sumo of the Opera the other day on St. Pat's as well. :)

GE is me said...

btw- what a contrast in pics. I love it though. And I promise, 30 is okay! Just wait till you hit 40! :)