Wednesday, January 14, 2009

If I weren't a mother...

Two years ago today I started this blog. (Click here to read the first post)


I did it for the same reasons most people do... to keep family that lives far away "in touch" with our lives.

(I'm not sure how many of them actually read it...)

In fact I wouldn't have realized that it was 2 years ago today if my mom hadn't mentioned it the other day on the phone... THANKS MOM!

In the process I've "met" so many amazing people!!! It's been great.

That got me thinking about the REASON I started the blog... my boys and what life would have been like...

If I weren't a mother..

- I would still be a size 6... I like to think so anyway.
- I wouldn't have the "road map" across my stomach from 3 full term pregnancies!

- I would be able to walk across the floor without my feet sticking to something or tripping over toys.

- I would be able to sleep in as long as I want to on the days I can.

- I would be able to watch and ENTIRE movie without being interrupted

- I would be able to get a full nights sleep!! (most nights anyway!)

- I wouldn't have to worry about "what was going on" when it was quiet.

- I wouldn't do 20,000 loads of laundry in a week

- I wouldn't be "friends" with Google because of the Million questions I get asked everyday!!


BUT if I weren't a mother
- I would miss the hugs and kisses. (funny from someone who's not really that "touchy touchy")

- I would miss the "mommy watch this"... even for the 1,000,000th time

- I wouldn't get to see the first smile, laugh, step, broken bone... ;)

- I would miss the laughs and smiles

- I would miss the " mommy I love you" - (even if the reason he said it was because I let him play PS2 or not do school so he can play in the snow with his friends.)
- I would have no reason to blog... hey that's a big one isn't it!!

- I would miss watching them play together (they really do play well together - even if it's usually LOUD and involves running, jumping, wrestling, or boxing!)

- I would miss the snuggles and tickles

- I would miss the million questions, the fingerprints on the mirror, and the "copycat" syndrome that Carter has right now!! (OK, maybe I won't miss that!!)

And that just names a few things...

Fact is... I won't trade being a mom for ANYTHING!!!

So get ready for more years of crazy stories and funny pictures!!!


January 2007

January 2009


Photobucket

8 comments:

3boys247 said...

Thank you for reminding me what a gift it is to be a mother. Sometimes I get caught up in all the busy work I do during the day. I will make a point to be more understanding when someone wants to show me something for the 1,000th time.

Although I do miss being able to actually watch a movie. : )

Jennifer said...

Great post! You are right being a mom is just great :)

Jamey and Angela Moore said...

What an amazing post...It sounds like you have 3 pretty special little boys. Thanks for putting "mommyhood" in a different light.

Anonymous said...

I love you!!!! No matter what I might say (at midnight when you are still on the pc) keep on writing this blog. It is good for me to even read it! Did I say I love you!!!!

Bryan

Shasta said...

Wonderful post and your boys are all so super cute!!

Pegsy said...

Yeah, you're right - even if I do feel like I really need a break right now! I do not deserve all the hugs and kisses and compliments I get from my kids. They are amazingly forgiving of all my faults.

Bryan, you made me cry, you big goof! That was one of the sweetest things ever!

Anonymous said...

A quote from Mom:
"When you grow up, you probably won't hug me!"
"Mommy, I'll always hug you!"

Who said that?
I love you, and I love being YOUR Mom. You are special.
Love,
Mom

4funboys said...

aaaaaaaaaaaamen!

well written!

although... with boys... I'm pretty sure you meant 82743528734 loads of laundry right?